SunflowerHack aims to provide participants with the experience and confidence to present themselves and their ideas. Participants will be working in teams of 4 to develop a project that will demonstrate the combined ideas of the team. They will be given 8-hours to produce a theme-based project utilizing their time management, leadership, and individual creativity. Team formation will occur in the beginning of the event.
*Registration is now closed*
This event does not require previous coding experience, we deeply encourage people with all levels of experience to attend.
Food will be provided throughout the event, as well as prizes for the winning teams.
No laptops would be provided, we ask that you bring your own.
The theme -- authenticity
|9:00 AM||Check In|
|10:00 AM||Opening Remarks & Key Note|
|10:30 AM||Introductions & Team Formation|
|11:00 AM||Start of Hacking|
|11:30 AM||Design Thinking Workshop|
|12:30 PM||Android 101 Workshop|
|1:30 PM||Design Thinking Workshop|
|2:30 PM||Pitching 101 Workshop|
|7:00 PM||End of Hacking & Dinner|
|7:30 PM||Presentations & Judging|
|8:30 PM||Judges Deliberation/De-stressing|
|9:00 PM||Winner Announcements & Closing Remarks|
Best Beginner's Hack
JBL Bluetooth Speakers
Best Technical Hack
Rasberry Pi 3 Model B+ Kits
Best Entrepreneurial Pitch Hack
Anker Power Banks
Best Design Hack
Huion Drawing Tablets
Best Theme Hack
Seagate 1TB External Hard Drives
SURPRISE PRIZE (2)
Microsoft IoT Developer Kit
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants must be 18 years old or older
- If you are a non-Pace student, you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university.
- Must be able to travel to Pace University- NYC Campus at 163 William Street, New York, NY, 10038. No travel reimbursements will be provided.
- The project must be worked on during the event only, but any ideas before hand are welcome.
- Every team will have 3 minutes to present their project infront of all the participants, as well as the judges.